Archive for April, 2011
- For a complete list of this week's events, check out our calendar.
Last Week's Attendance
- Sunday at New Life: 629
- Including daughter works and extensions: 845
There is an opportunity at the Heartland Nursing Home to teach a Bible Study to the residents beginning in May. Currently the Bible study is taught on Friday afternoons, but the schedule is flexible. An opportunity is also available at the Colonial Gardens Alzheimer Center from 1 to 2 pm on the second Sunday of the month. Colonial Gardens is located at the corner of Adelphi and Amherst. If you are interested in helping in either facility, please contact Jerome or Debra Williams.
Lost and Found
The lost and found is overflowing. There are several coats missing their owners. If the items are not claimed soon, they will be donated to a charitable organization.
- Special: Kathy Trahan, Ron Kinney
- Healing: Tina Von Ruden, Sheila Pratt, Elizabeth Harris, Mike Elliot, Kimberly Martin, Eva Dorman, James Battrell, Dinah Burkett, Frances Ward
- Ron Russell was initially diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer. The diagnosis was then downgraded. The treatment plan was downgraded. His latest tests show normal and he has been cleared by his doctor.
- Patricia Hall went to the doctor to deal with a mass detected on a CT scan. When she arrived, the doctor did more tests and told her she did not have a mass.
- Rick Tesno preached at the Travis State Jail, and seven received the Holy Spirit.
- Steve Miller preached at the Lockhart Women’s Prison, and ten received the Holy Spirit.
Today is Palm Sunday, the day on which our Lord triumphantly rode into Jerusalem the week before His crucifixion. In commemoration of His great sacrifice and in obedience to His command, we will be partaking of Communion in the evening service. Come expecting to receive the benefits of His death, burial, and resurrection.
Contribution statements for the first quarter will be mailed this week. Please review your statement for accuracy. If you gave during the first quarter but do not receive a statement, please contact our office.
Next Sunday is Resurrection Sunday. Please make every effort to attend as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. The choir will be singing along with the sign choir on Sunday morning. Sunday night there will be a special Resurrection Celebration, a night of music and worship. Here are some ways you can help us make this week more enjoyable:
- Bring a guest.
- Call New Life friends who have been missing church recently and encourage them to attend.
- Arrive early so you can be in your seat and ready to worship when service begins.
- Park next door at the day care or library if you are able to walk the distance.
- Leave designated visitor parking spaces for visitors.
- Sit towards the center of your pew and observe reserved seating designations.
- Donate bags of individually wrapped candy to the Children’s Ministry for their activities with the children.