Archive for December, 2011
- For a complete list of this week's events, check out our calendar.
Last Week's Attendance
- Sunday at New Life: 547
- Including daughter works and extensions: 740
[re]GENERATION (Youth Ministry)
[re]GENERATION is traveling to Bethlehem on Friday, December 9. They will meet at the church at 5:30 pm and drive to Burnet. The event is free, but snacks and hot chocolate will be available for purchase at the end of the tour. Contact Akil or Sarah Thompson for more details.
Life Anchors (55+) Christmas Party
The Life Anchor’s Christmas party will be at the home of Rod and Jan Madden on Friday, December 9, at 6 pm. There will be a potluck meal and a white elephant gift exchange. Contact the Dobynses, Carolyn Kinnibrugh, or the Tribbles for details.
Angels (Preteen Girls) Christmas Party
The Angels’ Christmas party will be on Friday, December 9, at the home of Shaleen Stover. Contact Shaleen for details.
Singles Ministry Christmas Party
The Singles Ministry Christmas party will be on Saturday, December 10, at 6:30 pm, at the Wamplers’ home. It will be a potluck meal with a white elephant gift exchange. Contact the Wamplers or Kobasics for more details.
Care Group Ministry Training
Training for current Care Group leaders will be on Saturday, December 10, from 8:30 am to noon, in the chapel. Breakfast will be served. Contact Anthony or Lisa Gomez for more details.
- Special: Keith Fisher, Michelle DiRuggiero, J. R. Dentler, Steven Jenkins, Richard Arriaga, Stephen King, Julie Rangel
- Healing: Lee & Isoke Mitchell, Randa Walker, Katie Foster, Don Randolph, Fernando Heredia, Eve Prundeanu, Maria Fruzia, Stephanie & Jayden Langley, Benita Zapata, Margaret Scott, Eva Dobyns, Susila & Nuranga Peiris, Barbara Campbell, Denise Borrego, Josephine Vega, Malchom Walker, Adrian Cook, Christina Reyes, Mark Hanson, Scott Jefferies
- Scott Kearsing got a new job.
We are officially in the Holiday Season, and I hope each has a blessed season.
If you would like to assist those in need this year, the following are opportunities within our church:
- Christmas gifts to children of families needing assistance (See insert.)
- Assistance to families with other needs in our church and charitable projects in Austin (Mark offering for “Charity.”)
- Christmas for Christ is an annual offering which assists Home Missions churches in South Texas and across the United States and Canada. This is our way of giving Jesus a gift in honor of His birthday. (Mark offering “CFC.”)
Here is an overview of our holiday schedule:
- Annual Children’s Christmas Musical, 6:30 pm tonight
- Christmas Eve service, 6:30 pm
- New Year’s service will at 2:00 pm (There will only be one service.)
I will be traveling to Fiji this week to preach at their General Conference. Please be in prayer that I will have safe travel and that I will be used by God to encourage the church in Fiji.