For a complete list of this week's events, check out our calendar.
Please mark your calendars and come out to help for the all-church work nights at 7 pm on Thursday and Friday, July 19-20, and the all-church work day on Saturday, July 21, at 7 am. We will be covering up the recently stained floors and installing insulation above some ceilings. Please see the church calendar for a list of tools and equipment needed. Your support and help is greatly appreciated!
Guest Services Meeting
There will be a guest services meeting at New Life on Thursday, July 19, at 7:00 pm. Contact Akil Thompson or Sharon Gentry for details.
[re]GENERATION (Youth Ministry)
- [re]GEN is going kayaking and canoeing on Thursday, July 19, from 10 am to 2 pm at Zilker Park. Come and join us as we have a blast on the water and grab a bite to eat afterwards. We will meet at New Life and return after lunch. A waiver will need to be completed to attend. The cost is $12 per boat. Visit the New Life calendar and click on this event for more details concerning rentals and restrictions.
- Illumin8, the community service team of [re]GEN, is going to Zilker Park on Saturday, July 21, from noon to 2 pm. Contact Neariah Hernandez for more details.
STX Kids Camp: July 30 through August 2 in Kerrville, TX. Kids Camp is for children ages 8 to 11 years old. Early registration is only $155 through July 22. Registration forms can be picked up at the Kids Connect table or are available on the district website at stxupci.com/kids-camp-2012-face-2-face. Contact Norma Frances for details.
Knights and Angels (5th and 6th Grades)
The Knights and Angels are Keeping Austin Beautiful at the Brushy Creek Lake Park on Saturday, July 21, from noon to 2 pm. They will meet at the water park area near the parking lot. Wear comfy clothes and shoes; you may get a little dirty. A small after-event snack will be provided. Contact Shaleen Stover or Jared Steele for details.
- Tuesday, July 17, the ladies book club will be hosted by Tiffany Bedford at the home of Jan Madden at 7 pm. Prepare your mom’s favorite recipe to share and bring a friend. Visit the New Life calendar for more details.
- Saturday, July 21, from 6 to 10 pm the ladies will have a swim, swap, and snack night. All ladies, 16 and older, are invited to an evening of fun at the home of Debra Damman. Bring your swimsuit, towel, and clothes to swap (twelve item limit). Please bring a snack item to share. Visit the New Life calendar or see Regina Noble or Debra Damman for details.
- Tuesday, July 24, at 7 pm the ladies will begin an intensive series on how to the study the Bible based on Eat This Book by Melani Shock. Ladies will need to purchase the study guide and journal designed for this course and commit to four-weeks. The cost is $15. Please see Regina Noble for more information.
- Special: The Boone Family, Margaret Scott, Juliet Lindsey
- Healing: Don Randolph, James Campbell, Laura Heihn, Merry Treen, Diane Smith, Sonny Sharpe, Jared Steele, Meredith Fox, Linda Benitez, Martha Dobyns
- Deidre Dawson received miracle of healing.