Directors: Akil and Sarah Thompson
Purpose: The Youth Ministry of New Life Austin exists to equip young people to develop a deeper relationship with Christ, encourage uplifting relationships with other Christians, and empower life-changing relationships with non-Christians.
About us: We are a community of pre-teens, teenagers, young adults, and youth workers moving together towards Christ.
Community is interwoven throughout our ministry, but there are a number of ways pre-teens, teenagers, and young adults can experience and connect with others. These are a few ways to join us as we move forward:
- Each Sunday we facilitate three age-appropriate environments that are designed to disciple. We have a Junior High Class (6th – 8th grade), High School Class (9th – 12 grade), and College and Career (18 – 24 years of age). Though we are not actively engaged in this currently, we are looking forward to launching this again once we relocate to our new campus.
- The Bridge (small groups). Each Wednesday night our Junior High and Senior High ages break out into small groups where they can be loved, challenged, discipled, and cared for. Though we are not actively engaged in this currently, we are looking forward to launching this again once we relocate to our new campus. This is where:
- Teenagers can be known and cared for by other students.
- Teenagers can form deep, authentic relationships with their peers and adults.
- Teenagers can grow spiritually.
- Teenagers can learn what it means to follow Christ.
- Teenagers can explore God's Word together.
- Teenagers can have a different level of interaction with the adults leading them.
- Worship services – Teenagers from all over the Austin area gather on the weekend for an intense time of worship and biblical preaching. These gatherings are a blast with friends.
- Junior High Ladies – JHL is designed to tackle the issues junior-high girls are facing. This is a critical transition group that helps teenagers navigate through the most emotional battles of their teen years: conformity, self-esteem, boys.
- Junior High Boys – JHB is designed to tackle the issues junior-high boys are facing. This is a critical transition group that helps teenagers navigate through the most emotional battles of their teen years: conformity, self-esteem, girls.
- Knights – This is the perfect opportunity for a volunteer who wants to nurture pre-teen boys. Knights offers practical tips to help boys prepare for the transition into youth ministry.
- Angels – This is the perfect opportunity for a volunteer who wants to nurture pre-teen girls. Angels offers practical tips to help girls prepare for the transition into youth ministry.
- Illumin8 – Go ahead. Get dirty. Illumin8 provides students with a unique opportunity to pursue God with their literal hands and feet through local community missions.
- [re]GEN band – The band is a great opportunity for our students to use their vocal and musical talents.
- Hyphen – Young adults are always searching for answers to life’s big questions. But the road to finding God’s will is fraught when the signs are not always clear. Hyphen creates a relevant and safe environment where young adults can move from simply asking questions into developing a deeper relationship with Christ.