During school you take Spring Break so you can have a little taste of summer vacation. What if we planned Summer Break and created an opportunity where you could have a blast twelve times with your friends this summer?
Well, we have done just that!
Each Thursday join us for a smashing time. Check out what's happening during our Summer Thursdays 2012 and make sure that you make plans to attend!
[re]GENERATION is going to make this summer UNFORGETTABLE!
- June 14 – Bowling at Mel's
- Time: 7pm – 10pm
- Location: 1010 North Austin Ave, Georgetown, TX 78626
- Description: Bowling is the perfect group activity and a great wary to spend time with your friends.
- Cost: www.melslonestarlanes.com
- Lead Team: Joe & Sarah Stuart
- June 21 – Chill at the Park
- Time: 4pm – dusk
- Location: Travis County East Metro Park,18701 Blake Manor Rd. Manor, TX 78653
- Cost: $5
- Description: Discover your own big backyard. This awesome park has trails, lakes, streams, basketball courts, covered pavilions, fishing, a BMX park, and its new open space design is one of the most diverse recreational areas in all of the greater Austin, TX, area. We are going to cookout, play basketball, fish, canoe, etc.
- Lead Team: Lionel & Reeta Aguilar | David & Ruth Snodgrass
- June 28 – Downtown via the Metro
- Time: 11am – 3pm
- Location: Howard Metro Station (located across from Century Park New Life campus)
- Cost: TBD (MetroRail will cost $5.50 in addition to lunch)
- Description: We are going to experience downtown via the Metro. We will enjoy lunch at the quintessential Austin restaurant.
- Lead Team: Akil & Sarah Thompson
- July 05 – Guys & Girls Pool Party
- More details coming soon.
- July 12 – Austin's Park
- Location: 16231 N I H 35, Austin, TX 78728
- Description: Since 2003, Austin’s Park has been the “All Day Fun Destination” in the Austin area. Austin’s Park is the only place in Central Texas where visitors can enjoy miniature golf, rock climbing, laser tag, go-kart racing, bumper boats, kiddie rides, a huge video game arcade, multiple party rooms and an all-you-can eat pizza buffet—all in one location!
- Lead Team: Lionel & Reeta Aguilar
- July 19 – Zilker Park Kayaking/Paddleboats
- Time: 10am – 2pm
- Location: 2011 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746
- Cost: $12/hour per boat. We will stay on the water for 2 hours.
- Description: Come and join us as we have a blast on the water. After you kayak and canoe with your friends we will grab a bite to eat. We will meet at the NL campus and return after our lunch. If you would like more details concerning the canoe rental/restrictions please visit www.zilkerboats.com
- Lastly, you will need to complete the waiver to attend.
- Lead Team: Akil & Sarah Thompson
- July 26 – TBD (originally had VBS)
- August 02 – Fiesta Texas
- For all details click here: regeneration.eventbrite.com
- August 09 The Congress Avenue Bridge Bats
- Time: We will meet at the NL campus at 7pm and return at 9:30pm.
- Location: Congress Avenue Bridge, Austin, TX
- Description: Did you know that Congress Avenue bridge over Lady Bird Lake is one of Mexican free-tailed bat's favorite hang out. As a matter of fact, approximately 750,000 to 1,500,000 think Austin's Congress Avenue bridge is the perfect hangout. Join us as we watch their nightly exodus to feed. Bring a few dollars for ice cream, perhaps a blanket (for sitting), and wear casual clothes.
- Cost: n/a (unless you would like to purchase ice cream, drinks, etc.)
- August 18 – Extreme Paintball
- Time: 9am – 2pm
- Location: 7415 Burleson Manor Rd, Manor, TX 7865
- Cost: $15 (This includes 100 rounds. If you would like additional paintballs, you will need to purchase more).
- Make sure that you complete the waiver at http://www.xtremepb.net/waiver.html
- FAQs: http://www.xtremepb.net/faq.html
- You must be at least 10 years of age to attend this event.
- August 23 – Fiesta Texas
Join [re]GENERATION as we travel to San Antonio to attend Six Flags.
Thrilling Rides! Something for everyone!
Suspended from the track above, Goliath sends riders flying at intense speeds over the outside of hairpin turns, vertical loops, corkscrews, and a one-of-a-kind zero gravity hairline spin with nothing but air beneath their dangling feet. Ride the 70 MPH twists and loops of the SUPERMAN KRYPTON Coaster! Experience Six Flags Fiesta Texas' four other Mega-Rides: Scream, The Rattler, Poltergeist and Boomerang! Don't miss 52 other rides and attractions for you and your friends!
Individual Ticket: $43.99
All tickets must be purchase through http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/tickets/index.aspx#
Please bring your printed ticket with you.
We will be meeting at NL's temporary offices at 8am. The address is 13717 Burnet Road., Suite #230 Austin TX 78727 USA. We are going to have a great time! Let's GO!